- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- Kosher salt
- 1 bunch kale, ribs removed, leaves very thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup dates
- 1 Honeycrisp apple
- 1/4 cup slivered almonds, toasted
- 1/4 cup ounce pecorino, finely grated
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Whisk together the lemon juice, olive oil and 1/4 teaspoon salt in a large bowl.
- Add the kale, toss to coat and let stand 10 minutes.
- While the kale stands, cut the dates into thin slivers and the apple into thin matchsticks.
- Add the dates, apples, almonds and cheese to the kale.
- Season with salt and pepper and toss well.