- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 cups chopped red onion (1 large)
- 2 chopped bell peppers
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 5 1/2 cups diced peeled eggplant (about 1 pound)
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2-3 fresh tomatoes, diced
- Heat oil in a large nonstick saucepan over medium-high heat.
- Add onion and bell peppers; sauté for 3 minutes.
- Add garlic, and sauté for 1 minute.
- Add the eggplant, salt, black pepper, and tomatoes; stir to combine.
- Cover, reduce heat, and simmer 5 minutes.
- Serve over pasta and/or pair with chicken or ground beef/turkey
Source: Adapted from MyRecipes.com