- 3 tbs. good olive oil1 medium-large summer squash
- 1 diced Spanish onion
- 1 tbs. chopped fresh thyme
- 1/2 cup chopped parsley
- 1 cup celery
- 2 cup diced squash (For each med.-lg. stuffing squash add 2 c. of diced zucchini or patty pans to fill it with)
- 1/2 cup chopped chives
- 1 1/2 cup toasted bread crumbs
- 1/2 cup grated cheese
- 2 tbs. butter
- Salt and pepper to individual taste
- 1 cup white wine
- In a large sauté pan add 4 tbs. of vegetable or olive oil (not extra virgin)
- Bring pan to a med high heat
- Add in onions, celery, thyme, and add a pinch of salt
- When vegetables become translucent, de-glaze with wine
- Allow wine to cook off for about two min., then add the squash, parsley and chives.
- Cook for another 8 min. A lot of water will come out of the squash (don't get nervous that is a good thing). Now turn off the heat and stir in bread crumbs and cheese.
- At this point season to your own liking (remember recipes are guidelines don't be afraid to put your own spin. You can add bacon, different herbs, dried herbs, tofu or other vegetables)
- Remove the top and hollow out the summer squash. Season the squash with salt and pepper and roast in a 350-degree oven until tender. Remove from oven and allow to cool
- When squash is cooled off take a few spoons of your vegetable stuffing and place inside the squash. Don't pack to tight.
- When ready to serve, put the stuffed squash in a preheated 375-degree oven, cook until stuffing is golden brown about 25 min depending on your oven (cooking in a convection oven will reduce cook time) Remove from oven and either serve whole or slice for individual servings